Summer Half Term June 1st-3rd
Daily camp 9-4pm
Ages 8 upwards
Summer Half term will never be the same again. rewild your kids and let them find their inner cave person!
Our daily Cave Kids camp will be full of fun and exciting activities that you children will enjoy.
The Cave Kids sessions are a mix of Stone Age activities and bushcraft and inbetween the activities we will have lots of woodland games!
Give your children the chance to run wild and be free in our woodlands supervised by our amazing team! They will teach your kids how to make fires, build dens, carve pointy sticks and cook on an open fire.
There will be lots of memories and friends to be made. Making this camp one for your diary!
For kids aged 8 upwards!
Price £90 (we do offer a sibling discount)
We will be adhering to the latest gov guidelines regarding Covid.
Rewild your kids and let them find their inner cave person!
Day activities sample
- Fire lighting – Experimenting with various tinder’s and ignitions, gather materials to create fire
- Knife safety – Learning safe cutting techniques
- Carving – Creating butter knives and tent pegs to hone your skills
- Tarpology – Experimenting with various techniques and layouts to put up a shelter
- Natural shelter making – Make a shelter out of the materials nature provides to create a weatherproof dwelling
- Foraging – discover natures larder making teas and basic salads with edible greens and flowers (seasonal)
- Cooking bread – Experiment with different ingredients to create bannock breads and loafs on the fire
- Cordage making – Use various fibres to create string and cords
- Camouflage and concealment – Use natural and non natural methods to camouflage
- Wilderness 1st aid – Learn basic 1st aid for the wilderness
- Tracking – Follow, track and begin to understand the movements of the animals in the woods
- Water collection and purification – Collect water, understand the importance of water within the body, the dangers and methods of purifying
- Pot hanger making – Using simple cutting techniques to harvest wood to create pot hangers for hanging billy cans
- Natural navigation – Understanding simple natural navigation techniques, make a tree into a compass
- Cooking without pots and pans – Experiment with some creative methods of cooking without pots and pans on the fire
- Wilderness games
- Fire making
- Fat lamp making – Make simple lamps from natural materials
- Den building
- Plus lots of games.
- Making arrows
- Cooking on the fire -breads and poppity pings
- Cave art
- Plus lots of games
- Carving point sticks
- Wilderness first aid
- Cley pot making
- Plus lots of games