Stone Age half day
3 million years in a few hours? No problem!
DELVE INTO THE STONE AGE HALF DAY
We will take you on a journey through the Stone Age spanning over 3 million years in just 2 hours. Delve deep to discover how our ancestors lived and thrived without modern equipment. We combine history with creativity and a little humour to encourage children to learn about the Stone Age
Our day starts with a short interactive timeline and our unique ‘Show and tell’ where the children get to engage all of their senses, immersing themselves in our history by touching, smelling, even tasting the stone age for those that are brave enough! We even have a real mammoth tooth to pass around.
The children then go on to take part in your 1 practical, hands-on workshop.
“Dan and Naomi are like a walking talking museum but they have removed the glass so the children get an opportunity to get up close and personal with the Primitive artefects and crafts”.
“One of the best educational trips we have ever been on. The opportunities and activities for the children were brilliant and we all loved every minute. The course is an absolute credit to yourselves, thankyou Naomi and Dan.” – Assistant head, Tunstall School.
Sessions can be delivered on school grounds for an additional travel charge.
- Full day - Choose 2 activities
- Half day – Choose 1 activity
- Stone tools – Using slate and sandstone learn the process of making simple blades, arrow heads and scrapping tools.
- Mesolithic shelters – using natural materials create a natural shelter much like that of our Mesolithic hunter gatherer ancestors. (Not available in schools)
- Bare hands cooking – Using simple methods to cook bread without pots and pans adding seasonal foraged ingredients. (Not available in schools)
- Fat lamps – Using clay learn about the materials our ancestors would have used to create simple illuminations.
- Natural paints and cave art – Try your hand at making markings with natural paints and dyes to create cave art on a piece of fabric to take back to school.
- Primitive pots – Use clay to create a traditional pot our ancestors would have used to cook on the fire with.
Sessions can be delivered on school grounds for an additional charge, or join us in our beautiful woodlands in Shropshire. Our woodlands are in a rural setting within easy access to the M54 and the Midlands.
- Full Day –£18 Per head (Minimum group size 25)
- Half Day – £10 Per head (Minimum group size 25)
There may be an additional fee for us to travel out to your school. Please email us with your postcode and group size for a quote.