Stone Age workshop
All children whether on school property or at our Outback2basics venue will need the following;
- Consent to participate
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Water proof clothing
- Outdoor appropriate shoes
- A drink
- Packed lunch (or provided by school)
- Any personal medication
- Spare clothes/apron that they can put over school clothes to protect them from any paint etc
- Note book (optional)
- Completed kit from (additional list) for residential trips
- PLEASE NOTE! All children are advised to bring wellies as the woodlands can get very muddy. We also highly recommend all children to bring spare shoes for the coach journey home.
- Can you please bring a box or container to take home any projects that the children make
- * A few children are offered the chance to try traditional jerky and dried ‘edible bugs’. Please let us know if you do not wish to include this option.
- Children may have access to paints and clays and other potentially fabric staining materials, please make parents aware of this so the children can be prepared.
- Children will also have access to animal skins and other animal products. Anyone who is vegetarian and/or has religious ethics concerning animals must please be made aware that these items will be present but they will not be required to touch or examine these items.
As part of our show and tell talk we give one or 2 children the option to try an 'edible bug'. These are bought from a company called 'Kids critters' specifically for the purpose of giving to children to try. They are dried and actually very nutritious! However if you wish for us NOT to include this element then please do let us know. We also offer the non-vegetarians the chance to try jerky (dried beef) again, if you would prefer it if we did not include this in our talk then let us know prior to the session.